Re: [TCML] MOT Measurements

Hello Bart,

> I took a a few minutes to measure the characteristics of a MOT
- thank you very much for sharing the results of your tests. Great
work!

> My conclusion here is that unless one is using a very large cap value,
> there is no transformer resonance issue.
- A very clear statement. So the assumption that the measured(!)
overvoltage across the MOT's secondary winding was caused by EMF
could be true. Remember: The MOT's no load output voltage was 2232
Vrms and its voltage connected to the circuitry of Piranha II rose to
3675 Vrms.

My conclusions are:
* Use potted MOTs only
* Use HV diodes with 15 kV PIV only (normally an overkill for 2 kV
   tranny output)
* Design the MMC voltage with enough "headroom"

Do you know of other means of protection?

Bye		Herwig