Re: [TCML] Wireless Transmission Theory

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> There were several errors in Corum's papers.

That's not too helpful, since I bet I can find several errors in *any*
research paper.  I'd need to know which Corum papers only had misspellings
or bad punctuation.  Or which of their papers were entirely misguided and
wrong.

Avoid the logic fallacy of "poisoning the well," or sowing distrust but
without saying why distrust is warrented.

Their papers about slow-wave waveguides and 1/4-wave waveguide stubs
should be fairly easy to verify with a pulse generator and a couple feet
of wire-wrapped pipe.  But the waveguide concept itself is certainly
correct, since single-wire G-lines are real.  And since TC secondaries do
actually have multiple higher modes, just as we'd expect if the coils
behaved as waveguides having end reflections.

William J. Beaty                http://staff.washington.edu/wbeaty/
beaty chem washington edu       Research Engineer
billbamascicom                  UW Chem Dept,  Bagley Hall RM74
206-543-6195                    Box 351700, Seattle, WA 98195-1700