Re: [TCML] RE: musing on lists ( Wireless Transmission Theory)

How many people have read through Tesla's lectures, and wondered "What's the point?". He described so many variations of coils and circuits and electrical discharge effects which are for most people completely meaningless and trivial.
But for him, they were clearly not.  The smallest details fueled only more energy for further experimentation, and this experimenting led to a further understanding of his own inventions and their possibilities...

How many hundreds of coils and motors and vacuum discharge tubes did Tesla envision, create, and perfect in the 1890s before he even imagined a Colorado Springs lab or the Wardenclyffe tower?? More than most of us will see in our lifetimes, much less createand fully understand.

> I suspect that all of the above speculations are too far from "tesla coil> building," and most people here won't see much point to messing with such> impractical ideas. But what is the above, if not "tesla coil building?"> It's TC building, but it's far closer to amateur science than it is to TC> engineering.>
It would indeed be most fascinating to know what he was thinking and what he thought he'd learned by the time he went to CS. By reading CSN we certainly get some insight into what he was thinking at that time. What would be even more interesting would be to know what came after that, namely what exactly happened at Wardenclyffe before it was abandoned. We see pictures of all kinds of apparatus but no real descriptions FROM HIM of what he was doing with it. Later on he mentions having done experiments there but without any details which help me any.

Ed