RE: [TCML] How about some Tesla Coiling?

Jeff, all

I suspect it really depends on the average power, I could charge up some
large capacitors for a day at 5W draw from the mains and then run a large TC
from them giving very large arcs for a second or so.

 Is that classed as 5W draw ?

DRSSTC's can easily be made to give 1 foot arcs in short 8uS (or so) bursts
which look continuous, average power is very small though

Even Classic Coils are not Continuous.

Maybe a 300Kv Marx fits this bill? Low power draw and 1 foot arcs.

I suspect the definition of this challenge needs to be more specific..

Cheers
  Derek http://www.extremeelectronics.co.uk