From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of G Hunter
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2008 11:17 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Tesla Coil Problem: Capacitors?

http://www.jcmimports-prostore.net/servlet/Detail?no=2

> Thanks a lot guys, now let's get this working!

Scott,

That isn't a neon sign transformer.  It looks like a
solid-state neon power supply.  If I'm correct, it
will not fire a spark gap, nor will it sustain an arc.
 It won't charge up your MMC.  All it can do is light
a neon sign.

Until you fix that, further troubleshooting is moot.

You need a genuine, heavy, bulky, iron-core neon
transformer, preferably without ground fault circuit
interrupter.  I'm partial to "Transco" outdoor-style
NSTs, but any brand will do for starters.

Check e-bay.  No shortage of used 30mA units there.
The shipping is murder though.

Greg