Re: [TCML] Sphere Topload Coil

The heat usually punctures the balloon.

You can wrap some mag wire on the outside so the sparks come off the wire,
not the balloon.

also, I made a nice large sphere and toroid once out of paper-mache,
sprayed with conductive paint, then added some mag wires to exterior.
Very cheap and works good.

I local school art class made it for me and I donated some $$$ to their
school art supplies budget.  They were very happy and I got a nice sphere
and toroid.

I used some lightweight plexiglass and some chicken wire to form it and
the school kids covered it with strips of paper-mache.  It could also be
covered with a thin layer of bondo atop the paper-mache and then fine
sanded for a near perfect finish.

Great way to make a large 24-40 inch dia. sphere for a Tesla coil or Van
de Graaff generator (my original use).

Dr. Resonance

> On the big-sphere question, has anyone tried a balloon with a metallized
> outside
> (or just painted a fairly spherical one with metallized paint)?
>

> This might be a quick and dirty way to test different diameters and their
> effects.
>
> Thanks,
>
>     Dave
>

> **************Ideas to please picky eaters. Watch video on AOL Living.