Re: [TCML] Sphere Topload Coil

Hi Bart,

The WayBack machine never forgets ;)

http://web.archive.org/web/20010622074721/home.earthlink.net/~gweaver/tc10-2.jpg

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://home.earthlink.net/~gweaver

Terry

bartb wrote:
Yes Terry, that sounds like the one I was thinking about.
Some very decent sparks with that big sphere! I expect it was hard to break out as I've run a 2 foot sphere myself. Yes, a lot nice pictures and I'm killing myself now that I can't find any of those on my hard drive (not like me to not save cool photo's. Well, my brain never forgot anyway).

Take care,
Bart

piranha wrote:
Gary Weaver had like a 3 foot aluminum ball that I think was on ocean buoy. It was heavy and hard to break out. There were a lot of nice pictures of it but the links no longer work.

Terry

bartb wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Sometime back (quite a while I guess), I remember photo's of a pretty good sized coil with a large sphere top terminal (I'm thinking about 20" diameter). For some reason, Gary Lau comes to mind but I'm not sure. I'm curious of big sphere's Reason: I'm advising someone regarding a rather large coil with a very large sphere. From my calculations, the sphere I think is too big for breakout on it's own. Calc's are one thing and those of you well experienced with sphere's may help ....