Re: [TCML] TeslaStuff on Ebay - any thoughts?

Jon Danniken wrote:

Don't deprive yourself of the experience of winding your own secondary. It doesn't take that much time, experience, or tooling, but it will give you a lot more satisfaction than just putting together parts that you buy seperately. YMMV, of course.

Jon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen J. Hobley" <shobley@xxxxxxxxxx> I could be tempted to buy his secondary, as we're expecting a "new arrival" in the family any day now, and my winding time will be *very* limited...

If you had the wire and the secondary form you could wind any of his secondaries by hand in at most an afternoon just by holding the form in your lap, anchoring the wire at the start and then feeding the wire onto the form with one hand [and fingers of course] while you turn the form with the other. Making machines if fun and I've done that but I've also done it the simple way and results were equally good.

Ed