From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Gerardo Lezcano
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 3:11 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TCML] Energy accumulation on TC.

Have someone on The List, experimented with capacitive discharges from primary
to secondary, at such a high rate, and in tight synchronization, so sucessive bangs
occur in phase, promoting reactive power increase over time, indefinitely, until
spark breaks out, no matter how big and smooth topload is?

  Why is this not possible?  Mechanical systems exhibit this phenomena (Tacoma
Bridge).

Gary's right [subject has been discussed here before as I recall]. This was what Marconi's "timed spark discharger" did - one spark per cycle of RF and one spark gap point ditto. See here or Google for many similar links:

http://hjem.get2net.dk/helthansen/marconi_tx.htm
<http://books.google.com/books?id=leQOAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA295&lpg=PA295&dq=marconi+%22timed+spark+discharger%22&source=web&ots=pyhjdhqB12&sig=YbI_n0tLbPMsYS6lfrIqJkPNY6k#PPA295,M1>

Don't know if the last one will survive line breaks but it has good photos.

   Problem of course is doing this at high frequencies.................

Ed