From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of david baehr
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 4:36 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: RE: [TCML] Spark gap

anyone here in Northen CO have one of these single air blast gaps we could
try on my coil ??

  not sure if my copper pipe gap is as good, (what kind of spark increase
can one expect ? )

      mine is pretty stable,... from a cold start,...i could go make a
sandwich , come back, and performance wouldnt have changed much

        my mounting is a bit diff from others also,....i can just pick up a
pipe, clean it/ rotate it , lay it back down , and its ready to go
again,....but id like to try one ....

> Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:24:13 -0500> From: hallam@xxxxxxx> To:
tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: [TCML] Spark gap> CC: > > Hi Scott,> I
absolutely don't have any data supporting that claim. It's really just>
"received wisdom" :)> > One of the problems with the classic RQ gap is that
unless it's baffled> correctly, most of the airflow goes through the copper
pipes and through the> large central gap, with relatively little going
through the tight space > between> the pipes. This is just fine for cooling
but not so great for air-blast style> quenching. Though of course, cooling
does help with quenching.> > Henry> > Quoting huil888
<huil888@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:> > > Henry -> >