Re: [TCML] Tesla coil EM Gauss readings

----- Original Message ----- From: <Mddeming@xxxxxxx>
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 2:56 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Tesla coil EM Gauss readings

In a message dated 2/24/08 8:03:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

my meters don't work even some distance away from the coil. my DMM just goes mad and my moving coil meter just shows half way no matter what the settings
are. I dare not run my scope at  all!

Chris

I would never bring any digital device within 10-15 ft of an operating coil.
It's probably why I have a large number of older,  battery-operated analog
devices. They are mostly insensitive to EMI and have built-in "hash-dampening"

Matt D.

My analog meter pointer just goes half way on the screen, does not matter if it the meter is on/off or selected for voltage/current/ohms, the pointer just goes exactly half way across the screen even up to several meters away from the coil. The meter works fine otherwise, but when the Tesla Coil is running it is as useless as my DMM :-(

Chris