Re: [TCML] building/finding forms for conical sec

You can build up a nice conical form using some balsa wood strips or
spruce strips (local lumber shop) cutting and gluing them into a cone
shape.  Then cover with paper mache.  After drying it makes a nice hard
cone for winding on.  Fun project to get kids involved with as many of
them have worked with paper mache in school art projects.

Dr. Resonance

> ....well, i was just pondering building a conical sec coil,.......about
> 16" high , 12" at the base , 6" on top.,...
>
>       kinda a mini GPO coil (Tesla Technology ),...  lookin' for form
> ideas / wire size,. (maybe #26 ? )..
>
>          prob not the most efficiant coil , but was lookin' for that
> 'antique' look ,...with an 8" ball on top, I was hoping to peak
> at 3' or so
>          sparks with 3kw  available input.....?
>
>                 is this just crazy or what !?   I

Dr. Resonance