Re: [TCML] mot questions

Thanks to all for your previous replies, and thank you Rich for reminding me about Richie Burnett's site. A lot of info there for me to digest. BUT, you mentioned your "hard-headedness" before, and I'm suffering a bit from that, myself. I understand the voltage vs. current part, but at least with regards to mots, doesn't controlling the voltage (via variac) also control the current? Is this just a matter of choosing one type of control over another? My point being is that as long as I keep an eye on the amp draw as the voltage rises, do I still need to ballast?
Thank you,

Neal.

Neal ,
the auto transformer will control the voltage, a ballast controls
the current flow. So if you run 120V into your system you out put voltage
from your transformers is stable, current flow is controlled by ballasting,
if you lower the input voltage then the spark gap and other adjustments
change. You can use a MOt for a ballast if you have an extra one.
The link I sent before to Richie's site explains all.
Rich