From: Phillip Strauss <pstrauss1947@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 1:02 pm
Subject: [TCML] Re: Stacked Toroids

Hi all,
This subject has been discussed some years ago but I wonder if there might be
some new insight,
I would like to maximize the total capacitance of two stacked spun Al toroids,
one 24"x8" (26.5pF) and a 34.5"x8" (37.8pF) unit.
I intend to use a spacer to separate the toroids but what would be an optimum
length and diameter of the spacer to extract max capacitance in total,
The secondary diameter is 12.4" and winding at 4.3 to 1 H/D.,
Any suggestions much appreciated,
Phillip.

72 Tinwell Road, Stamford, Lincs PE9 2SD

Tel: 01780 753008