Re: [TCML] homemade transformer

Clive Hansen wrote:
> Hello all,
>    Has anybody tried building their own  transformer to drive a coil. It
> seems simple enough, yet I've never  heard about it. If not, does anybody
> know why this is not commonly  done. Tesla wound his own transformers and
> his coils outperformed most  of ours.
>
> -Clive

Hi Clive,

If your really interested in building everything from scratch, Reactor,
Transformer, Induction coil, Tesla coil, Motor, etc., try to find a copy of
"Electrical Book for Boys" by Willard Doan, 1959. Very heavy on step-by-step
instructions, very light on theory. Some chapters of this book are  available
on-line at: _http://bizarrelabs.com/cat.htm_ (http://bizarrelabs.com/cat.htm)

Matt D.