Re: [TCML] plastic cap

I bought BNZ series caps from them to put into many small and large commercial coils and never had one fail. BUT: you need to talk to their applications engineer and talk about things like 100% voltage reversal, peak currents, the inductance of your primary, and such-like. They don't like to sell caps to Tesla coilers because they used to have so many coilers blowing up under- specified caps and wanting their money back. If you can really talk the EE lingo, they'll talk (and sell) to you. But then too, I was a commercial customer buying in quantities. I don't know how they feel about selling to individuals these days.

A friend of mine has a PCI BNZ-series cap in a small (450 watt, 15/30 NST) coil he built in college over 30 years ago, which he's been running routinely at parties and Hallowe'en ever since and the cap has never failed.

BTW, PCI rates their "WVAC" caps at the working ring or resonant frequency, not 60 Hz! They told me that in writing and on the phone. The BNZ series are specifically designed for pulse discharges into inductive loads with high voltage reversal.