From: Jeremy Scott <supertux1@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 9:34 am
Subject: Re: [TCML] Phase tuning gadgets and when to set the gap to discharge.

The motor I have works pretty good and doesn't slip, it's
a simple propeller gap swinging a 1/4"x7" long rod of
tungsten between four electrodes on the corners of a square.
Standard 120 bps system.

Under my timing light the electrodes appear stationary and
don't appear to rotate so I know it's in sync. They're just
not stationary at the right position. :)

The motor has a start capacitor, is that still required with
the phase shift circuit, in addition to the capacitor paired
with the variac?