Re: [TCML] Secondary Troubles

Hey Phillip...

once upon a time long long ago in a galaxy far away it was common practice to run the wire inside the form. But thru the modern invention of Email, we learned that it doesnt work too well. Get some 120 grit paper and sand as well as you can to remove the carbon and coat with some type of poly urethane.. Should reduce the tendancy to arc in the tube....

dont give up learning is full of mistakes especially when you are learning on your own...

Scot D

Phillip Slawinski wrote:

I set up my TC today to 'play'.  I think I made a big mistake.  I
accidentally had the ungrounded low voltage lead from the secondary inside
the coil form.  To make a long story short my secondary PVC form now has
some nice tree-like black tracks on the inside of it.  The TC still works,
and puts out streamers to about three and a half feet or more.

Is there a way to clean up these tracks?  Should I just abandon that
secondary and wind a new one?  I've got plenty of wire and plenty of PVC.
Should I stop coiling for making such a stupid mistake?