Re: [TCML] SISG DOPE?

Also see the "Main Document" here too:

http://drsstc.com/~sisg/

The 270V SIDACs will work fine at a little lower voltage if the 300V ones are all sold out.
Terry

bartb wrote:
Yes. The SIDAC's conduct as the sum of the series string. Once the Sidac's fire and turn on the IGBT's, the IGBT path effectively shorts the Sidac path causing the Sidac's to turn off. Thus, their ready to start again when the IGBT's turn off. In the links Terry provided is probably the topology paper which gives a clear understanding of the circuit.

Take care,
Bart

Ed Phillips wrote:
Thanks - haven't read much of my mail today [this one attracted me because of the subject] so haven't gotten around to Terry's note but I'll look at it. Am I correct in believing that the breakdown voltage per stage is approximately the sum of the SIDAC voltages?

Ed