[TCML] ALUMINUM PRIMARY?

What affect would aluminum have on my performance?  If it's cheaper, why
wouldn't everyone use it?

Nicholas"

	Answer is partly superstition and partly that it's a bit harder to get good connections.  Several months ago I ran comparative tests of aluminum and copper coils and found that the difference in performance is negligible if the aluminum conductor has about twice the diameter of the copper.  In the case of tubing [didn't test because of cost and inconvenience] I would think that half inch aluminum would have less losses than quarter inch copper but I suspect that with either the losses are so small compared to those of the spark gap that they have no effect on performance.

Ed