From: Daniel Kline <daniel_kline@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 3:22:33 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] primary material? (interview)

I've done this also and it works great.

As for stripping the wire, I tied one end of the length of wire (#12
house wire) around a post, and the other end around my truck bumper. I
backed-up slowly until the wire was pulled fairly taut.

Then I just got a long, not-so-sharp knife and carefully "ran" the blade
from one end of the wire to the other, slicing a strip out of the
insulation sheath. I wore gloves and held both the handle of the knife
and the end of the blade at the same time.

After that, the rest of insulation peeled off without a problem.
75 feet stripped in about 5 minutes, start-to-finish. It's a great way
to make a large, cable-type primary if you don't have tubing available.

Dan K.