Re: [TCML] Disassebling a huge transformer

Hi Garry.

I'm puzzled why you'd want to go through the trouble of disassembling the
transformer.  What about just putting a resistor across the secondary of
the ballast transformer and running the current through the primary? When
you want a small amount of inductive ballasting use a smaller resistor.

You could construct a resistor bank and put taps in it so that you could
easily adjust the resistance and therefore ballasting.

Chip