Re: [TCML] Unevenly Distributed Shunts

I always knock out one shunt in each quadrant, and then test it shorted out
(no HV) to see what the current is.  Keep removing shunts evenly until you
get a typical 12/60 in the range of 160-170 mA, or what ever current you
want below this value.  Best to use an old fashioned analog AC mA meter
instead of digital.  If the ground breaks for any reason with a digital, the
PCB goes to HV and usually fries the solid state electronics.

I bump up the 30 mA units to 80 mA for small, portable coils.

I enclose my xmfrs in a specially designed (very tight fit) polystyrene box
with a gasketed lid (3/4 lip all around).  Just a few lbs heavier than the
tar it replaced and much more durable.

Dr. Resonance