Re: [TCML] MOTkenstein

The central problem is the high cost of cores, usually around $550 for a 10
kVA xmfr. Next, add the cost of the copper wire and expensive aluminum, and
you are quickly up to $700 just for the material.

That's why most experimenters just purchase a used pole xmfr for $200 or
less.  More economical and you don't have to re-invent the wheel.

Dr. Resonance