Re: [TCML] liquid primary

Drake Schutt wrote:
There are several alloys that are liquid at room temp or near rt.
Woods metal is one i know of off the top of my head.  I know
unitednuclear.com stocks at least a couple.  Im sure that they dont
have low resistance but it would be fun to experiment.      My 2cents,
drake

There's also the Gallium alloys used as a replacement for Mercury in thermometers, but I suspect they're pretty pricey. google for Room Temperature Liquid Metal

Wood metal, CerroBend, etc, are all available from McMaster Carr, too.

Then, there's the ever popular Sodium/Potassium eutectic (78% Na) which melts at -13C or thereabouts... It *does* have a few handling issues..