Re: [TCML] ferrite variac

hello all,
I am trying to make a home brew variac (for tesla coil use).  I got my hands on 4 (4in outer diameter 3in inner diameter 1in high) ferrite cores.  I am planning on stacking them together for one big ferrite core.  do you guys think that this will work for a variac core?  or do I need a laminated iron core?

many thanks Jay Howson"

	What type of ferrite is this?  There are many different types with differing magnetic properties, particularly permeability.  All share a common saturation flux density of the order of 3000 to 4000 gauss.

Ed