From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of DC Cox
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2008 3:30 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Transformer Dielectric

As you remove shunts, you must drop it into oil for new current output
testing.

A plastic Wal-Mart tub works fine.  Fill with xmfr oil.  Keep dropping it
back into the oil for testing as you keep removing shunts.

Forget the wax.  Without vacuum impregnation equipment it's very hard to
do.  Just pouring wax into a tank will not insure you are properly
impregnating the windings.  It will fail in short order if you have any air
bubbles in it as it hardens.

I would avoid a metal tank, and definitely use oil not wax.

Dr. Resonance