RE: [TCML] phillips question about wax and more

You may be right. Perhaps this was just and old wives tale. I'm remembering back several decades, but I thought they were fairly hard to the touch. I don't remember them being stickey or gooey, though I don't doubt they're using the cheapest material possible now. I used to have to soak them in warm water to soften them up before using.

Adam