Re: [TCML] All of my tesla coil questions (for now)

You can spend no money at all on your coil, like this guy did.
http://www.angelfire.com/80s/sixmhz/trashy.html
You would do well however to spend a little on some higher quality
parts, your first coil will be small and relatively cheap; when you get
arc hungry and start building bigger, then the costs start adding up.
When it gets to that point ask us where to get the cheapest parts, we
will tell you.  You can probably cut your costs in half that way.

Scott Bogard.