From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nicholas Goble
Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2008 9:19 AM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TCML] My NST

Thanks for all your advice on how to obtain an NST.  I can proudly say that
I just one for free!  After calling many different sign shops in my area
(Indianapolis).  I talked with a guy who had an old, used NST in the back of
his shop.  He gave it to me for free.

I'm somewhat confused as to what the rating is on this NST.  Can anyone
please decifer these numbers for me?  I couldn't take a picture of the
panel, so I'll just type what I see.

The transformer is labeled "Transco" and says that it was made in Hong Kong
in June of '94.
Hz           60
PPI.V.     120
SEC.V.   9000
V.A.         270
A.            247
M.A.        30

My best guess would be that the NST is rated at 9000KV and 30mA.  Is this
true?  If so or if not, what do the other numbers mean and how do they
affect the tesla coil?

Thanks.

Nicholas Goble