Re: [TCML] RF Ground and Brass

In a message dated 3/6/08 11:03:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Gary.Lau@xxxxxx writes:

>The BPS, coupling, and quench time all factor heavily into the RMS  current.
There are ways to
>measure RMS current, the best being with a digital scope that does  a lot of
number-crunching over a
>time interval that includes both the bang on and off  times.

    I believe Jim Lux had previously pointed out  that although many digital
"true RMS" multimeters actually "do the math", some  top-notch lab equipment
actually measures the temperature rise in an precision  resistor. Maybe this
would be easier to implement?
    Much info on RMS measurements in the  archives.

-Phil LaBudde

Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities