Re: [TCML] 5" Sparks - Approx 35 watts input power: Tesla was correct!

Jeff,

I understand what you're saying.  What about the low power TC contest  that
Gary Lau set up?
I think those coils were limited to about 50 watts or so?  Some  had some
shunts removed from
the small transformers, some didn't.  I forget all the details but I  think
someone got about
13" sparks.  I'm not sure of the exact power they were using to  achieve
that.  Most of the
coils gave at least 6" sparks I think.  I think the contest is still  set up
at Gary's website.
Most of the coils were not made in the old styles from Tesla's day  however.
Probably
some of the things that were discovered during that contest could be  applied
to making
an old style coil.  I think of the keys was to use a rather over-sized
toroid, which would
not be in keeping with the old style appearance however.

Regards,
John

In a message dated 3/12/2008 6:27:29 P.M. US Eastern Standard Time,