Re: [TCML] 5" Sparks - Approx 35 watts input power: Tesla was correct!

http://www.laushaus.com/tesla/minicoilcontest/index.htm

>Using a  partially deshunted 4/20 NST to yield 38mA Isc, Karl Lindheimer
reports  getting up to 18.125".  >I once achieved 16", but haven't been able to
do any better.  But the secret does appear to lie in going >large with  top
load and pri/sec inductors.

Hi Gary,

Well that would give a 1.5 factor in my formula which is pretty  good.  Has
anyone
tried an SRSG on a minicoil, or maybe a triggered static gap.  The  results
might
be interesting?

Cheers,
John

>FWIW, my mini coil NST pulls 1.75Amps @120V from the wall  with no PFC.  Not
certain if this >included the microwave oven fan for  the spark gap, but that
shouldn't account for much.