Re: [TCML] Secondary and Primary Assistance

Hi Mike,

As you may have guessed, there is a lot of critical information missing  from
this description.

1) Your MMC cap bank appears to be one string of 16 caps. What size, type
and voltage rating are they?

2) Your primary coil: One needs to know the inner as well as the outer
diameter, and the spacing between turns. e.g. If it's 1/4" tubing on 1/2"  centers
then the spacing is 1/4".

3) Secondary: What is the diameter? Can you take a magnifying glass and
count the turns in one inch?

4) Spark gap seems to be mounted through a wooden holder. If so, this is
bad. Wood can be conductive at high voltages.

5) Toroid. OK, it's 4" material, but what diameter? This is a critical
dimension.

Without this info, meaningful advice is almost impossible.

Matt D.

In a message dated 3/15/08 8:26:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,