From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of bunnykiller
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 11:53 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] 555 timer

3055 transistors?? I have about 150 of them ... :) yes I have them ALL and my wife thinks Im a packrat...
Scot D

McCauley, Daniel H wrote:

Don't worry.  You can't get a 3055 anywhere.

Thats real old timing there.

Thanks guys, I guess I'll order another or first try the radio shack
down the road (the local one stopped selling most
components, and only
sells devices now, you cannot even get a 3055 transistor, or
a rectifier
diode!  It is sickening.)

Scott Bogard.

McCauley, Daniel H wrote:

555 timers come in a variety of different packages.
You are thinking of the DIP-8 through hole package.
What they sent you was a surface mount version.
Radio Shack still carries 555 timers.

Dan

Hey Guys,
This is off topic I know, so please respond off list.
I ordered
555 timer for a small electronics project, and when it came it is extremely tiny. Less than a half a centimeter at it's
widest point.
I seem to remember seeing these in Radio Shack (back when
they still
sold
components) and they were bigger, about a centimeter long, is there some reason mine is tiny. I only care because it is going
to be very
difficult to solder and mount to anything.  Thanks guys.

Scott Bogard.

Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.21.7/1333 - Release Date: 3/18/2008
8:10 AM