Re: [TCML] Giant 13M Eye Candy

In a message dated 3/22/08 3:13:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
workshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>The risers and "I" beams are high strength composite material  (non-carbon

>fiber) specially made for radio towers and other R.F. structures.

That's neat-o! What is it,  fiberglass-based?

>The fasteners are all high strength machined fiberglass bolts and  nuts and
were

>wicked expensive.

    I was wondering about that - they didn't look  like the usual Nylon or
PVC bolts, and had a funny purplish cast to them.  Where did you get them, or
did you machine them yourself?

-Phil LaBudde
Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities

Home.