Re: [TCML] Almost there... MMC

Erms x 2.5  is very good and you will not have cap failures.

These are all wired in series, but you don't have enough.  Operating them
with a 12 kV transformer will stress them and they will begin to fail over
time.  Bad part is, as a cap starts to fail, becomes shorted, then the
stress increases on all the remaining caps in the series.

I recommend at least 16 caps wired in series for a rating of .0125 uF, 32 kV
per string.  With a 12 kV transformer you would use two strings in parallel,
so you need 32 MMC caps, not 12.

If you fire me an email off-list I can email you some photos showing what an
MMC cap bank looks like.

Dr. Resonance