Re: [TCML] Low voltage tesla coil

Hey Reuben,

yes... TIG welders ( tungsten inert gas) use them. If you place the electrode on your fingernail and pull the trigger, a small "tesla coil" output can be seen arcing over the fingernail, and to add, there is barely any sign of electrical shock. Still tho, there is alot of current flowing in the finger so I dont advocate the practice of doing this trick.

Scot D

rmferaligator@xxxxxxx wrote:

Has anyone ever heard of a low voltage high amperage tesla coil, for things such as welding?

Cheers,
Reuben