Re: [TCML] How to use an arc welder as a ballast?

On Sunday 04 May 2008 10:54:07 am Lau, Gary wrote:
> I have never attempted to use a pig nor looked into how to ballast one, so
> take my comment with a grain of salt.  But I thought I recall that the LV
> welding electrodes need to be shorted together?  Could be important...

Depends

If you are looking to get the maximum current, then yes, the welding leads or
terminals should be shorted together.

If, however, you are looking for maximum current limiting, then leaving the LV
terminals un-shorted will be of help.

later
deano