Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 6:50 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Primary to Strikerail arc.

I neglected to mention: Be sure to connect these to your RF ground, not the
house (mains) ground.

Dr. Resonance

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 3:07 PM, DC Cox <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A tapped primary coil acts like an auto-transformer (variac effect).  3-4
turns outside the tap may resonate to more than double the supply
potential
from your nst.  If your tuning is all finished, remove turns beyond your
pri
tap and this arcing will cease.  These effects are common especially in
coils that have 3-6 turns beyond the pri tap.

Another tip is to make three 120 degrees strike points, usually just some
stiff coat hanger wire mounted to small wood blocks, that can be moved
around the coil.  Make the sharp point on the end of the coat hanger
approx
2 inches above the primary height, and usually set them 2-3 inches
horizontal distance from the primary.

I connect mine together with small bananna plugs and receptacles.  If you
use some type of telescopic mechanism, they can be used with most any type
of coil.

Dr. Resonance

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Vince D'Amore <teslatech@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
>  Yesterday evening I fired up my coil and after about 20 seconds of
> running I notice a single arc from my primary to strike rail. I did not
> notice my safety gap fire. My safety is set to approximately 1/4 inch.
The