Re: [TCML] isolation transformer

> can anyone tell me if there would be any benefit in using an
> isolation transformer on the 120 v side of my nst
     depends on what 'benefit' and what 'isolation transformer'.
     What benefit is looked for?

     1) common isolation transformers DO NOT isolate
        RFI/EMI!
        There is substantial 'interwinding stray
        capacitance' which couples RFI and voltage
        spikes thru.  There are SPECIAL, internally
        shielded isolation transformers.

     2) The 'isolation insulation' is Yet Something
        More to be punched thru by the stray RF spikes.

     3) Complicates the grounding.

     4) increases losses

     I may be missing summat, look forward to comments.

     best
      dwp