Re: [TCML] SISG Damage Report

big snipperz....

I'm curious, too, but I'm not getting anywhere near the thing at full power (not even close enough for an IR thermometer. I guess I'd have to set one up in a shielded jig near the coil, and read it from a safe distance. Or have a *really* well-isolated RTD glued to the things.Or maybe a thermal imager would suffice (if you were crazy enough to bring one close to a TC!).

-Phil LaBudde

ever consider placing a ground lead a few inches from the toroid so there wont be much of a chance getting zapped while being close enuf to use an IR thermometer??

just a thought...

Scot D