Re: [TCML] Safety switches

>     It would be helpful to have an exact definition of
>     what is meant by 'safety switch'.
>     Is this breakers only?
>     Ground Fault Interrupters? (GFI?)

yes, i meant a GFI, i think their called RCD's in australia.

>      Coupla things may need planning for:
>       IF GFI, stray RF can fool, even damage the GFI
>       electronics.

that's what i was worried about - damaging the GFI's
circuitry. it would be pretty annoying if
i did destroy it, because it took 3 months to get the
electrician out to install it, so it would
mean i'd be without power for 3 months before it gets
fixed...

>      If largish coil, turn on surge can trip
>       'plain old breakers.

let's just say, my little coil will never trip the breakers.
:-)

>      May be some related issues.
>
>       best
>        dwp

has anyone fried a switchboard GFI in their coiling history?

ben