Re: [TCML] PFC Question (again)

In a message dated 5/26/2008 9:01:05 P.M. US Eastern Standard Time,
yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx writes:

>I'm cuious, if you have a stout enough mains supply, what's the  point in
doing PFC? I know the power >company might be happier, but if one  could run a
25 kVA pig at full power, what is there to gain by >improving  the power factor?

>Adam

Adam,

If you have plenty of power available and thick power cables, etc, then  the
power factor doesn't matter much.  But if the power supply is  marginal,
and the wire gauge is marginal, then using PFC can be  helpful.

John

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.