Re: [TCML] Climbing Arcs

Hi Tony,
     I'm not sure if this is relevant to your circumstance but I built a
Jacobs ladder with an OBIT stack.  One of my OBITs had a short on one of
the secondaries which caused the arc to climb faster on one side than
the other (the right side), when I replaced the bad OBIT, this problem
went away, and I could actually get the arc to sit at the top of the
rods if they were close enough together (and there was no breeze).  Here
is a video of the faulty OBIT Ladder, you can see it twisting itself out.
http://bogard.110mb.com/Jacobs%20Ladder.mpg
I turn on the OBITs one at a time, hence the smaller arcs at first.
Once again, I'm not sure if this is your problem or not (probably not)
I'm also not sure why a short affects it at all.  Perhaps somebody else
could shed some light on this mini-mystery.

Scott Bogard.