Re: [TCML] Diesel for transformer oil?

Hi

Hydraulic oil like that used in tractors would be a pretty safe bet. Tractor
supply or local auto parts house should have it in 5 gallon pails and it is
likely less expensive than horse laxative.

FYI they make a special "dielectric" hydraulic oil for use in bucket trucks etc.
used to work on high voltage power lines. It has red dye in it. I do not know
what else is different than "regular" hydraulic oil, but it is very expensive
and must be special ordered. It is required if the equipment is to be certified
for high voltage use.

later
deano