Re: I: [TCML] Hot-Streamer Mirror

Hi Bart, Terry and all,

I agree - there's quite a wealth of information and a whole lot of Tesla coiling history lurking within Hot-Streamer's 7+ GB of files and user sites. Hot-Streamer and the Pupman archives are an invaluable resource to newbies, skilled builders, and serious researchers. Thanks again for sending out the "seed" DVD's Terry!

Within a few days we'll also have a Hot-Streamer mirror site operational that should help to "share the load" and provide additional bandwidth. In addition to our regular web site, the new Hot Streamer site will support all of the existing Hot-Streamer files and, hopefully, new coiler sites/info as long as it doesn't take an inordinate amount of time to administer. We're been using IX Web Hosting for our existing web site and will also be using them for the Hot-Streamer mirror. Our new site also has "unlimited" storage and bandwidth - we'll see! :^)

Bert

bartb wrote:
Hi Terry,

I think you "nailed" why hot-streamer was so important. There is really a lot of history at hot-streamer, and specifically, TCML history. We've all learned so much through the years and hot-streamer was the best at documenting much of the main topics and supporting documentation. The way you feel about that data is the same as many of us, and hot-streamer was the place to refer back to it (which is why we wanted those DVD's!). I have some DVD's to send out this week also for those that missed the initial seed copies.

Hopefully some other mirrors can get up and running (that will help distribute the load so that's it's not a huge draw on anyones site).

Cheers,
Bart

piranha wrote:

But as I scan down the file list... It is all just mesmerizing!!! Maybe you had to "be there", but 95% of those files are just breath taking!!!

Best Regards,
   Terry