[TCML] The "Original" OLTC and what to do with it??

Hi,

Remember when Solid State Tesla coils could put out sparks 'almost a foot' long!! :D

Before the SISG... Before the DRSSTC... Before Jimmy... Before Steve and Dan... Before IGBTs... You know, way back when Solid State Tesla coils really 'sucked'!! :D

Antonio and Malcolm knew the topology... But this WAS the machine that made it all come true:

August 23, 2002...
http://classictesla.com/hot-streamer/temp/OLTC08-23-05.jpg

Fist demonstrated in Bill's L's garage that Sunday the 25th in Denver CO...:

http://classictesla.com/hot-streamer/temp/OLTC08-25-01.jpg

http://classictesla.com/hot-streamer/temp/OLTC08-25-02.jpg

http://classictesla.com/hot-streamer/temp/OLTC08-25-03.jpg

http://classictesla.com/hot-streamer/temp/OLTC08-25-04.jpg

http://classictesla.com/hot-streamer/temp/OLTC08-25-06.jpg

In that last picture it was cranked up full and nobody was getting near that SOB then!!! :D

But the machine still sits... Gathering dust :-| I think it's electronics still has the batteries in place... One box still had the switch "on" :D But the LEDs indicate there is no battery power this moment. I might have actually removed the batteries... But I "bet" I could make it run again in ten minutes :D

Of course, the "first" OLTC was overtaken immediately by the DRSSTCs et all... But 'they' don't have the "first machine that 'made' the technology" and "I" do :D

So I was thinking... What the Heck do I do with it??? It can sit for another ten years and all... But maybe it is like really 'all historic' and should be in a museum somewhere or something...

The toroid is from Finn's spinning run. Certainly the most potentially expensive part. But I don't need any money at all for it. I just wonder if it needs a new home beside in a basement corner gathering dust... Where Tesla coilers could come and see it and drop to their knees before it :D :D

So any thoughts, comments, ideas, etc on what ol' Terry should do with that ol' "first OLCT" are welcome???

Terry