Re: [TCML] rotary gap disk

In a message dated 11/30/08 10:07:57 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jhowson4@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>so i found a really good deal on lexan.  17$ for a 1/2" thick  12" by 12"
>couldn't find any G10 for cheap so i am going with  lexan.  do you guys
think that the 1/2" thickness
>is good. I am planning on spinning a 6.5 inch diameter disk with up  to 8
threaded rod and brass cap
>electrodes.

>I have a 1/3 HP  motor that I am going to modify for sync  operation.
>
>what do you guys  think?

    Whatever approach you take, go back to the place  you got your Lexan
from, buy another sheet (1/4"+ thick), and build a shield to  surround your rotary.

-Phil LaBudde

Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities
AOL.com.