Re: [TCML] Big VTTC Suggestions Wanted

James,

Very nice coil you have there.  The video you made is great.  I have a few
questions regarding your setup.  I noticed that you wound your form with 30
AWG, was there a reason for using such fine wire?  I thought VTTCs preferred
to be run at higher frequencies. Using such fine wire certianly would lower
your resonant frequency substantially.  I also noticed you are using a 10AWG
primary, does this not get extremely hot?  Even on my small MOT driven VTTC
I had problems with primary heating.  I started out using 12 AWG wire and I
melted the insulation to the point where turns started to fuse together.
What was more disturbing is that it only took a  few minutes or so of
operation to get the wire that hot.  I now have my primary wound with 8AWG
and that will still get slightly warm after a long run.  Have you tried this
coil in stacatto mode?

-Phillip